Biggest Improvement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveLee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who took the PCAT at least two times and saw significant improvement between the two test scores?

Questions:
1) What changes did you make? (Study materials, method of studying)
2) How many months/weeks of studying between both tests? How many hours each day/week?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anyone who took the PCAT at least two times and saw significant improvement between the two test scores?

Questions:
1) What changes did you make? (Study materials, method of studying)
2) How many months/weeks of studying between both tests? How many hours each day/week?
My score changed a decent amount overall, with significant gains in the science and math areas (Not that big of a difference, but it bumped me into a much better bracket).

I studied the Pearson tests, which told me where to focus my studying efforts. I studied a bit more (a few hours a week for a few months), took two of the courses directly tested on the PCAT (which I had not previously taken), and made certain to get enough sleep the night before the test and eat right the day of the test (this can be difficult if you can't test anywhere within a few hour radius of where you live).

Sleeping better the night before was the biggest help for me (I showed gains even in areas where I hadn't studied), followed by taking the extra courses. Studying was also helpful, but it wasn't the biggest help in my case (though it did help me with timing, which can be a big downfall in the math and science areas of the test, if you're not careful).

Last edited:
Congrats on the improvement! I will definitely remember to get enough rest before the exam. We're often times worried about everything else except some of the simple things like sleep and a good breakfast that can all make a difference.

I've heard quite a bit about the Pearson practice tests and they appear to be worth it. Nothing better than practice tests from the actual test makers. I take the PCAT for the first time in September and I'm just getting any advice/tips to prepare before I take it.