Biggest issues in healthcare

Started by optom207
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optom207

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I've seen older threads on this topic but wanted to revisit it in the current year. I am preparing for an interview with my undergrad pre-health advisory committee (it will basically serve as a mock interview for optometry schools), and I'm looking to brush up on some issues in healthcare. I've worked in an optometry practice for two years and have shadowed many ODs so feel like I have a good idea of the issues in optometry, but overarching healthcare issues are a little foreign to me. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to answer a question like "what is the biggest issue in healthcare?" or a resource I could check out to feel a little more in the loop?
Thank you in advance!
 
If you want to look smart, talk about technological innovations. Not an "issue" per se, but a massive potential disrupter.