Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a dental student trying to refer a patient to OS who has bilateral tuberosity outgrowth (mostly soft tissue; going through combination syndrome). Patient is completely edentulous on top.
Patient asks for the price, and the procedure code is D7972, and according to ADA it is billed per quadrant (on img, Y is on "Quadrant"). I was wondering tuberosity reduction is going to be mostly bilateral, and why they bill it per quadrant. If I have to bill her x2, it's going to be pricey even for dental school.
Even my OS dept instructor wasn't even sure if the code is per quad or per arch (I found it out myself on ADA website...). Do we really bill patients the same code twice in such bilateral case?
Patient asks for the price, and the procedure code is D7972, and according to ADA it is billed per quadrant (on img, Y is on "Quadrant"). I was wondering tuberosity reduction is going to be mostly bilateral, and why they bill it per quadrant. If I have to bill her x2, it's going to be pricey even for dental school.
Even my OS dept instructor wasn't even sure if the code is per quad or per arch (I found it out myself on ADA website...). Do we really bill patients the same code twice in such bilateral case?