Billing Question - MAC for Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nchhabra

Fellow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A question for anyone that knows billing. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to bill medical insurance for anesthesia services for dental cases in a dentist's office.

Is anyone doing this, or is it even possible? Obviously for most cases, I don't know if there is real medical necessity, but for cases that are, what are the cpt codes being used?

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

A question for anyone that knows billing. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to bill medical insurance for anesthesia services for dental cases in a dentist's office.

Is anyone doing this, or is it even possible? Obviously for most cases, I don't know if there is real medical necessity, but for cases that are, what are the cpt codes being used?

TIA

I do some dental cases every now and then. In the hospital though. Kids usually. I'm sure you can bill for your services in an office setting. I don't do billing. I have no idea about cpt codes.

TIA

The CPT procedure code is: 41899. Consider 00170 Anesthesia for intra-oral procedures, including biopsy; not otherwise specified (5 base units). There, that was a free consult that you just got there, you son of a b*aaaatch :thumbup: