Billing question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urge

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say you start a big case that requires an aline, central line, maybe a double lumen tube, but it gets cancelled before surgical incision.

How does that get billed? Do you still get the initial units for the case plus time or is it some other arrangement?

Members don't see this ad.

IMG_6022.PNG

Thanks a lot.

No wonder I have always been fond of cancelled cases.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So you start a liver transplant, throw in some lines and then the surgeons cancel the case after finally looking at the donor liver and you can still collect the 30 base units plus any extra for the lines, ASA status etc? Maybe doing liver transplants isn't so bad.

So you start a liver transplant, throw in some lines and then the surgeons cancel the case after finally looking at the donor liver and you can still collect the 30 base units plus any extra for the lines, ASA status etc? Maybe doing liver transplants isn't so bad.

Correction...Maybe NOT doing liver transplant isnt so bad.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Oh I already knew that not doing liver transplants was great, I just didn't realize how great it was to ALMOST do a liver transplant. Still, since they pretty much only seem to happen in the middle of the night and are ridiculously long, I probably won't miss them when residency is over.