Binghamton VS Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR. NYC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 22yr old community college student in NYC that is planning on seeking admission to a university for the spring 2008 year. I have been making my college list and cant decide on Bing or Stony? can anyone please post their opinion on these two schools.

and if anyone could also post their opinion of Fordham University and University of Pitt.?

Members don't see this ad.

I was (am?) a non-trad that got a degree from another school, but then went to Binghamton for my necessary pre-reqs. I think that Binghamton does a great job of preparing the letters required to get you into medical school - they are the number one feeder school for Upstate Medical, and number 3 or 4 for Stony Brook Medical (where I am now).

Can't really comment on SB undergrad, but I got like 8 acceptances applying with my letter from Bingo.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

dc

I am a 22yr old community college student in NYC that is planning on seeking admission to a university for the spring 2008 year. I have been making my college list and cant decide on Bing or Stony? can anyone please post their opinion on these two schools.

Hi there, I transferred from another SUNY into Stony Brook and just graduated this past Dec '06. I really liked it...the professors in science courses are really good. Large enrollment in these science classes so you'll have to take some initiative to get good letters of rec. Stony is known for being a health science school so it's a very good school to go to for completing premed or prehealth reqs. Classes are challenging but doable (for the sciences).
Can't say much about Bing but I did visit their campus awhile back and it was raining (depressing) and I wasn't too impressed with their dorms. Academically though, I hear they are a great school as well.
Oh, and since you are in NYC...stony brook is very convenient if you want to leave campus for the weekend. Theres the LIRR that takes you into Manhattan, Qns, bk...
Good luck!