bio achiever test 3 questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pistolpete007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
question 5.
would the PKU disease be considered Pleiotropy and multifactorial diorder
can some1 explain the difference b/w epistasis and polygenic inheritance? like if a person has epistasis does that mena they have polygenic inheritance too...but if a person has polygenic inheritance it doesnt necessarily mean they have epistasis too since epistasis is the phenotypic expression of a gene altered by another gene...and polygenic inheritance is consolidated effect of more than one gen on a particulare trait...

question 25:
Frame shift mutation, on the other hand, can so shift the reading frame of mRNA that any combination of missense and nonsense events can possibly be manifested during translation.
what does it mean by "....can possibly be manifested during translation"
plathelminates are acoelomate, which is a solid-bodied animal without any cavity b/w the digest tract and the outer body wall....does this basically mean that they dont have a mesoderm?

Members don't see this ad.

PKU can be Pleiotropy since it causes many other symptoms? correct me if i am wrong. I think I read it somewhere though.

from my understanding, pretty much everything is triploblastic (not sure if I spelled right) except Porifera and Cnidaria (note that these don't have circulatory system (not open or closed). acoelomate means doesnt have gut. psedo i guess it somewhat does.
like wiki says,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoelomate
acoelomate doesnt have body cavity, cnidaria, ctenoidia(?, the one only exist in medusae form)
psedo:rotifera and nematode

hopefully it helps. I am freaked out about my test tmr! :(