Bio DAATTT? What is going on!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth Fixer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it me or do i feel like when i'm taking the Kaplan subject exams that its not covering much of anything. Is this how the real exam is? The subject tests are lacking so much, for example photosynthesis, cell respiration. Also are these subject exams for bio a little easier on the actual test i've heard some say it goes up a 2-3 points. In each science section is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

Tooth Fixer said:
Is it me or do i feel like when i'm taking the Kaplan subject exams that its not covering much of anything. Is this how the real exam is? The subject tests are lacking so much, for example photosynthesis, cell respiration. Also are these subject exams for bio a little easier on the actual test i've heard some say it goes up a 2-3 points. In each science section is this true?

In my case, I thought BIo would be my best performance in the Science section. On kaplan tests I consistently got in the 20's, and I knew all those BIO notecards they give you very well. I also knew most of the material in kaplan's big book, and towards the end of my studying I got Schaum's outline to help with my studying of Bio. When I took topscore's tests, I noticed I did lower on their Bio section.

When it came to the real DAT, my expectations of the Bio, GC, and OC were off. I ended up getting an 18 Bio 25 GC and 25 OC. For me, the bio section seemed to encompass all types of material, most of which I had not covered yet in my classes at the univ. In the case GC and OC, my score did go up especially in GC. I would recommend you purchase Topscore to get some more sample tests, and also check out this website to make sure youre covering all the bases for the science section.
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/scope.asp