Bio DAT bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted767759

Hi all,
Just want some advice and suggestions on how to master the Bio section of the DAT for those who already took the DAT. With the vast sources we have on the internet, there's only so much we can watch/review before our test date.
I currently have Feralis' notes, DAT bootcamp, DAT destroyer (bio included), as well as the links DAT bootcamp provided to their bio academy and Campbell biology pdfs/textbooks. Is this sufficient enough? I have recently started studying for the bio section, so I want to make sure I have all the helpful material before im halfway in. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used Bootcamps 500 page notes and Kaplan’s bio section together and it was sufficient. Your materials sound like they will be more than enough! Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Bootcamps 500 page notes and Kaplan’s bio section together and it was sufficient. Your materials sound like they will be more than enough! Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! good luck to you too :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,
Just want some advice and suggestions on how to master the Bio section of the DAT for those who already took the DAT. With the vast sources we have on the internet, there's only so much we can watch/review before our test date.
I currently have Feralis' notes, DAT bootcamp, DAT destroyer (bio included), as well as the links DAT bootcamp provided to their bio academy and Campbell biology pdfs/textbooks. Is this sufficient enough? I have recently started studying for the bio section, so I want to make sure I have all the helpful material before im halfway in. Thanks!

Just to throw in my opinion, I think you're using way too many resources to prepare. Regardless of what you end up choosing, don't use more than one or two, otherwise you'll have information overload which will end up hurting you come exam day.

Now, I have to plug the DAT Destroyer and the Dynamite Notes because they helped me do as well as I did on the exam. I kept to those resources, focussed on them, practiced using almost exclusively them, but referenced Campbell and undergrad notes when necessary. That worked out for me, and I think it's the best source of action for the majority of people preparing for the exam. But, suum cuique!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to throw in my opinion, I think you're using way too many resources to prepare. Regardless of what you end up choosing, don't use more than one or two, otherwise you'll have information overload which will end up hurting you come exam day.

Now, I have to plug the DAT Destroyer and the Dynamite Notes because they helped me do as well as I did on the exam. I kept to those resources, focussed on them, practiced using almost exclusively them, but referenced Campbell and undergrad notes when necessary. That worked out for me, and I think it's the best source of action for the majority of people preparing for the exam. But, suum cuique!
thank you so much! DAT bootcamp did mention to reference Campbells only if a concept on their bio notes is confusing. But did you use bootcamps bio notes? Was it of any significant help? I was a bio major, but wow, there are many things my professors definitely skipped. And now I feel overwhelmed as hell

thank you so much! DAT bootcamp did mention to reference Campbells only if a concept on their bio notes is confusing. But did you use bootcamps bio notes? Was it of any significant help? I was a bio major, but wow, there are many things my professors definitely skipped. And now I feel overwhelmed as hell

I felt pretty overwhelmed going into it too, but luckily many of my bio professors were incredibly comprehensive. Some not so much though (looking at you, plant section of general biology).

Regardless, I did not use Bootcamp. I couldn't justify spending the money on the program when other resources were available that are both cheaper and equally as good or better (i.e., better). I used the Dynamite Bio notes plus personal class notes to study for the BIO section, supplementing occasionally with Campbells. This technique worked great for me - maybe try giving it a shot if you're overwhelmed!

My breakdown (linked in my signature) has more information about how I studied if you're interested.

I felt pretty overwhelmed going into it too, but luckily many of my bio professors were incredibly comprehensive. Some not so much though (looking at you, plant section of general biology).

Regardless, I did not use Bootcamp. I couldn't justify spending the money on the program when other resources were available that are both cheaper and equally as good or better (i.e., better). I used the Dynamite Bio notes plus personal class notes to study for the BIO section, supplementing occasionally with Campbells. This technique worked great for me - maybe try giving it a shot if you're overwhelmed!

My breakdown (linked in my signature) has more information about how I studied if you're interested.
Yes I agree it is definitely overpriced, now at $495. It used to be way cheaper. thanks for your help, though! I will definitely check your DAT breakdown

Yes I agree it is definitely overpriced, now at $495. It used to be way cheaper. thanks for your help, though! I will definitely check your DAT breakdown

Crazy... well, best of luck! Keep us posted on how everything goes.

So I read bootcamp and dynamite bio notes and I would say about 75% of the questions were from the bootcamp notes and the other bit was stuff I already new from classes/common sense/weren’t in either notes. In my experience the dynamite notes were just more in depth bootcamp notes with some pathology. I didn’t study dynamite notes that in depth. Nothing that specific showed up on my exam. Keep in mind everyone has a different experience on the DAT though.

I made an anki deck, went over it for a bit. I did end up getting a 22 on bio so it wasn’t the most amazing score but for how vast the bio section is I was fine with it. If you’re not aiming to get a perfect score I think you should just be fine doing the bootcamp notes or do the feralis notes which are the condensed version that you can find for free online.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

So I read bootcamp and dynamite bio notes and I would say about 75% of the questions were from the bootcamp notes and the other bit was stuff I already new from classes/common sense/weren’t in either notes. In my experience the dynamite notes were just more in depth bootcamp notes with some pathology. I didn’t study dynamite notes that in depth. Nothing that specific showed up on my exam. Keep in mind everyone has a different experience on the DAT though.

I made an anki deck, went over it for a bit. I did end up getting a 22 on bio so it wasn’t the most amazing score but for how vast the bio section is I was fine with it. If you’re not aiming to get a perfect score I think you should just be fine doing the bootcamp notes or do the feralis notes which are the condensed version that you can find for free online.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
thanks so much. I am aiming for a "perfect" score just because I'd rather not retake it (although most do) obviously, none of us would want to retake it. Where can I find the dynamite notes? is it web-based or do I have to purchase it?

thanks so much. I am aiming for a "perfect" score just because I'd rather not retake it (although most do) obviously, none of us would want to retake it. Where can I find the dynamite notes? is it web-based or do I have to purchase it?

They're available for free on the Destroyer Facebook page. I can't post the link because the post will be removed, but it's the "2019 Official DAT Destroyer and OAT Destroyer Study Group" on Facebook. Link also in my breakdown (I think).

They're available for free on the Destroyer Facebook page. I can't post the link because the post will be removed, but it's the "2019 Official DAT Destroyer and OAT Destroyer Study Group" on Facebook. Link also in my breakdown (I think).
Ah I see, is it the "Dr. Romanos Dynamite Bio Review" ? Thanks a ton, seriously:thumbup::giggle:

Nah I didnt use a set. The best way to use anki is to make your own cards. I had around 600-700 cards which were all pretty much questions I got wrong. DAT BC and destroyer both have tons of information in the answers and whenever I would get a questions wrong I would create anki cards for them. I saw a couple of anki decks online but figured I would remember them better if I created them myself.

Reactions: 1 users
Nah I didnt use a set. The best way to use anki is to make your own cards. I had around 600-700 cards which were all pretty much questions I got wrong. DAT BC and destroyer both have tons of information in the answers and whenever I would get a questions wrong I would create anki cards for them. I saw a couple of anki decks online but figured I would remember them better if I created them myself.
do you mind sharing your deck with me?

do you mind sharing your deck with me?
I agree w/ Cinzo . It's super good review making your own since it would etch into your mind faster after seeing it a few times. Also, DAT bootcamp made flashcards for every one of their bio sections - its pretty comprehensive when used with the notes you create. I suggest using those too