Bio Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clancyp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished reading through Cliffs and Kaplan BB, and did the first 100 biology questions in destroyer and feel like it is ridiculously specific. Im a bio major and feel I have a great understanding of all of the concepts/specifics but these questions are way too specified for such a broad subject test. Am I ******ed or is it this hard?

Members don't see this ad.

So I just finished reading through Cliffs and Kaplan BB, and did the first 100 biology questions in destroyer and feel like it is ridiculously specific. Im a bio major and feel I have a great understanding of all of the concepts/specifics but these questions are way too specified for such a broad subject test. Am I ******ed or is it this hard?

Yeah it's pretty tough. I think Romano's idea is to have you constantly be looking up concepts and ideas, so you're answering the questions but at the same time learning a lot more. I like how specific it is actually, but no, the DAT won't be this hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just do them. No excuses. No shortcuts in getting a good score.

seriously dude...every single post i've seen from you has been hurtful towards the poster, or sarcastic beyond belief. I realize that some of these questions are ruhtarded, but that's no reason to put down someone who wants an honest opinion from the SDN community.

you have really good advice, but the sarcasm and what not, completely un-necessary...

anyway back to OP, these questions are meant to be insanely hard, and random. they get you to think about the subject matter, and even if you answer 5-10 at a time, and then look up the answer, you get repetition seeing topics and answers and thats how DAT Destroyer is supposed to work. I get a bunch wrong, or end up guessing but seeing the answer and reading the explanations gets me on track to better understand the topic...hope this helps!

seriously dude...every single post i've seen from you has been hurtful towards the poster, or sarcastic beyond belief. I realize that some of these questions are ruhtarded, but that's no reason to put down someone who wants an honest opinion from the SDN community.

you have really good advice, but the sarcasm and what not, completely un-necessary...

anyway back to OP, these questions are meant to be insanely hard, and random. they get you to think about the subject matter, and even if you answer 5-10 at a time, and then look up the answer, you get repetition seeing topics and answers and thats how DAT Destroyer is supposed to work. I get a bunch wrong, or end up guessing but seeing the answer and reading the explanations gets me on track to better understand the topic...hope this helps!

He doesn't give good advice, he posts bogus recommendations too, like telling people they need to memorize amino acids for the DAT, among other stupid chit. He'll say it's a joke, but I suspect he's trying to lower people's scores by disseminating false info.

And this dude wants to be involved in health care. Ridiculous.

Just do them. No excuses. No shortcuts in getting a good score.

This is funny btw because here he is complaining about how ******ed the R&C section is.

The more I think about it, this RC section is a complete farce. Since all these high RC scorers conquer it by merely skimming it to get the gist and then quickly employ the S&D method, it doesn't test one's reading comprehension ability at all. It just test one's ability to scan a passage. Why do they even have this ******ed section? So lame.

Not to mention this thread in which he whines about the DAT getting harder over the years (untrue; "mean scores have remained virtually unchanged" over the years):

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=833199

The consensus is that the 2009 DAT was way easier than the current version as attested by many who recently took the exam.

Since DAT scores are good for at least two years at most schools, with some schools accepting DAT scores from 3 years ago, isn't it a bit UNFAIR that an applicant in this cycle who took the exam in 2009 will have higher scores than the current applicant who recently took the exam, thus giving him a significant unfair edge???

That's bulls#*t to the nth degree!

What the heck is going on at ADA??? I mean c'mon, if you're going to make the exam more difficult, it must be done gradually. Instead these turds are going to screw people by essentially getting them rejected in favor of people with "perceived" higher DAT scores when in reality, their scores would be lower if normalized to today's exam.

I'm sure the schools don't realize it either.

Thank you. I appreciate the clarification. Ive done the Org and GenChem sections and understand they are a little over the top, I just felt like the Bio section was so broadly specific. But now looking at, he ties in so many aspects together with detailed questions that it allows you to better understand the whole picture of different sub-sections, thus helping you get the gist of all the aspects. Thanks again, and I do not appreciate your sly comment Mr. LetsGo2DSchool, maybe your butt hurt about your scores or something of that nature.. but grow up, if your on this forum you intend to be in the business of helping people, so if you're going to post, do it in a manner you'd like done to you.

He doesn't give good advice, he posts bogus recommendations too, like telling people they need to memorize amino acids for the DAT, among other stupid chit. He'll say it's a joke, but I suspect he's trying to lower people's scores by disseminating false info.

+1

:thumbup::thumbup:

Get a clue frogchump! You are a schmuck, not to mention being gullible.

Duh.

Anyone with half a brain can easily realize when I being facetious by the absurdness of what I say. The fact that you can't discern the difference indicates your frog intellgence.

Don't you possibly think that some of my postings are responses to dumb questions???

Duh WAFI (frog idiot).

BTW, it make me laugh how my postings get under your frog skin while most people either ignore it or just laugh with it. So keep reading -- I win frogger!

Bottom line is I'm going to score much much much higher on DAT than Senor Frog. And then what are you going to say froghead??? Maybe you'll still get to kiss Sleeping Beauty as a consolation. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
BTW, it make me laugh how my postings get under your skin while most people either ignore it or just laugh with it. So keep reading -- I win!

Being a troll is something you should have outgrown by college. You should take a look at the things you do with you life, and how people would view them, and yourself, if they werent within the anonymity of the internet. (serious statement here)

Get a clue frogchump! You are such a schmuck! Not to mention being gullible.

Duh.

Anyone with half a brain can easily realize when I being facetious by the absurdness of what I say. The fact that you can't discern the difference indicates your frog intellgence.

Don't you possibly think that some of my postings are responses to dumb questions???

Duh WAFI (frog idiot).

BTW, it make me laugh how my postings get under your frog skin while most people either ignore it or just laugh with it. So keep reading -- I win!

Bottom line is I'm going to score much much much higher on DAT than Senor Frog. And then what are you going to say froghead??? Maybe you'll still get to kiss Sleeping Beauty as a consolation. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You're petty, vindictive, and highly hypocritical.

I hope you do score well on the DAT. I mean that.

You're petty, vindictive, and highly hypocritical.

I hope you do score well on the DAT. I mean that.

Hey you're the one who instigated this. You're the one who tried to publicly insult me on this thread and went as far as unnecessarily copying and pasting a bunch of posts in your mockery of me.

You brought this on by yourself. So be a man and face the music.

If you have a problem with me, then you take it up with me directly. Instead of doing it behind my back like a true coward.

I hope i get into dental school and i hope i end up with a bunch of cool, RELAXED ppl as my classmates...cuz in case i dont, Chit will hit the fan. I personally dont put up with BS. you talk too much in my face, i snap.

The more i read what ppl write on these forums, the more i believe i am going to a FREAKING high school rather than a DOCTORATE program.

Thanks again, and I do not appreciate your sly comment Mr. LetsGo2DSchool, maybe your butt hurt about your scores or something of that nature.. but grow up, if your on this forum you intend to be in the business of helping people, so if you're going to post, do it in a manner you'd like done to you.

I didn't even read this post until now. You're barking up the wrong tree dude. I wasn't at all making a sly comment. Seriously, I wasn't.

You owe me an apology. Last time I'm giving you advice.

Last edited:
"The more i read what ppl write on these forums, the more i believe i am going to a FREAKING high school rather than a DOCTORATE program."

:thumbup:

Serrrrrriousllyyyy.

This feud between frogg and letsgo is getting out of hand and will not be tolerated.

To all forum users: if you feel insulted or offended by a post, please report it to the mods and we will take care of it. Do not take matters into your own hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.