BIO HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pulp_fiction

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm scheduled to take my DAT on Thursday and I now I'm panicking about biology. I was originally scheduled to take it on Monday but after talking to Nancy on the phone I decided to push it back a few days just to give myself a little more time to review solely biology. I've been averaging 17-19's on biology and I don't know what else to do! I've gone through destroyer twice and took notes the second time, but it's so hard for me to sit down and just read something while trying to absorb it, so I'm thinking do bio destroyer a third time these last three days?! I just finished my sophomore year of college and haven't taken anatomy/physio or microbio yet so i feel like that's why this is so hard for me. Any suggestions?!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking do bio destroyer a third time these last three days
My #1 suggestion would be to not do that. Seeing the information for a 3rd time won't be beneficial. All you can do is study your notes and hammer away at topics. Know your notes like the back of your hand. They need to be almost memorized so that when you see a word on a page you know exactly what comes next.

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't reschedule, focus on the high impact stuff at a not-too-detailed level. I'm talking cell cycle, basic genetics, etc. Please don't get caught up in knowing the insertion for the masseter muscle, etc. Have to done AP Bio? I think Chad's Bio videos are pretty decent and I don't think they are sleep inducing.

Reactions: 1 users
try something different. MY advice is on bootcamp do the sub section practice quiz and exam and the explanation, make flashcards, memorize it then watch youtube videos on it. also try to act like like you are teaching yourself to test whether you are understanding the material and getting the ability to imply or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do some practice quizzes but dont torture yourself by doing destroyer in 3 days. Even when I went crazy if I were to divide up the time I spent on each science section in destroyer it would take me 4-5 days to do it seriously. Consider rescheduling but if not just focus on your weaknesses. Read my breakdown if you like as I hate sitting down and just reading stuff too :)

Have you tried watching youtube videos on concepts that you struggle with? I personally like Crash Course and Bozeman Science (some also like Craig Savage especially for plants but I've never watched his videos)