1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

bio hormones

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by arpitpatel86, May 29, 2008.

1. arpitpatel86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    12. Hypothyroidism is associated with
    A. high blood pressure.
    B. irritability.
    C. low metabolic rate.
    D. high body temperature.​
    E. decreased heart rate.

i think the answer should be C and E...but accoridng to the correct answer they say only C but in the explanation they say....[FONT=Arial,Bold]
    12. C​
    Hypothyroidism is caused by inflammation of the thyroid or iodine deficiency. Thyroid hormones are
    undersecreted or not secreted at all. Common symptoms of hypothyroidism include a slowed heart rate and
    respiratory rate, fatigue, cold intolerance, and weight gain. In newborns, it is termed cretinism and is
    characterized by mental ******ation and short stature. Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid is over​

B​
    IOLOGY SUBJECT TEST 5

K A P L A N ​
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [FONT=Arial,Bold]9

stimulated, and symptoms often include increased metabolic rate, feelings of excessive warmth, profuse​
    sweating, palpitations, weight loss, and protruding eyes.

so then im right, right? lol

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. osimsDDS

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    kaplan is ******ed, they like to cheat students so they should take their class because they think they are getting bad test scores on practice exams that they supply....yea ur right

4. Hugh Mannity

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It is also for their guarantee to improve. If they rape you on their test, you will obviously do better on the real thing and they can say it was because of them when in reality it was answers that were consistent correct for once.

5. drtoothy

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    uh, yeah...i realized that this morning when i looked over my diagnostic test. the questions were definitely a lot harder than the ones on their "final" and practice exams.