Bio lab prereq question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

st2205

Attending
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took general bio I at another school then transferred to where I am at now where they don't have Bio II, so instead I just took a molecular biology course. I was going to take the lab for it, but I'm a psych major and I'll be taking a behavioral neurobiology course in which you can opt to take a neurobiology lab for it. Would any schools accept this as fulfilling one of the semester hour requirements of biology lab? It is taught by the psych department, however.

Members don't see this ad.

I took general bio I at another school then transferred to where I am at now where they don't have Bio II, so instead I just took a molecular biology course. I was going to take the lab for it, but I'm a psych major and I'll be taking a behavioral neurobiology course in which you can opt to take a neurobiology lab for it. Would any schools accept this as fulfilling one of the semester hour requirements of biology lab? It is taught by the psych department, however.

I would talk to a pre-med advisor at your school. Every school that I looked at has some form of a two semester general bio with lab sequence. They may call it something different, but I'm fairly certain that all schools have it. Also, if the class that you are looking at taking is being taught through the psyc dept, it may not count as a bio lab. What my advisor told me is that I can only count classes from the university BIO,CHEM,and PHYS depts as sciences.

I doubt it