Bio/Orgo Topics on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1008938

My DAT is coming up next month and I have been using Bootcamp to study. I was wondering how common these topics came up on DAT's to see if it's worth studying in depth or just glancing/skimming through the material once.
- Bio Chapter 8: Microscopy and Lab Techniques?
- Bio Chapter 9: Diversity of Life- studying all of the examples/excess info?
- Orgo Chapter 6: IM Forces and Lab Techniques- studying the different tests? (Jones, Tollens, etc.)

Any other tips for studying or prep would be helptful. Thanks in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

These are all fair game on the exam, so id have at least a good knowledge of what the reactions/concepts are so that if you do come across a question on the exam you can work your way through it. I had a couple of very random bio questions on topics I was fairly comfortable with (some plant questions) And one of those lab technique questions in OC. I made flashcards for those which helped a lot. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
You never know what's going to come up on the Bio section given the depth of information that's tested, so I'd review those chapters. For the orgo chapter, I'd also review that lol. At the beginning of my studying, since I had never really seen some of those different lab rxns (Tollens etc), I didn't study them because it felt like such a hassle to try to memorize them. However, I eventually did study them and memorize them before my exam. It doesn't take much time and after a few repetitions of trying to memorize them, you'll get it. All in all, if you have the time, I'd try to study all the info that you can. You don't want to leave many holes in what you need to/should know

You never know what's going to come up on the Bio section given the depth of information that's tested, so I'd review those chapters. For the orgo chapter, I'd also review that lol. At the beginning of my studying, since I had never really seen some of those different lab rxns (Tollens etc), I didn't study them because it felt like such a hassle to try to memorize them. However, I eventually did study them and memorize them before my exam. It doesn't take much time and after a few repetitions of trying to memorize them, you'll get it. All in all, if you have the time, I'd try to study all the info that you can. You don't want to leave many holes in what you need to/should know
Do you suggest creating a roadmap of the reactions in order to be able to get them to stick? I've been having a hard time getting all the reactions down therefore i'm doing poorly on practice questions that involve predicting the product, etc.

Do you suggest creating a roadmap of the reactions in order to be able to get them to stick? I've been having a hard time getting all the reactions down therefore i'm doing poorly on practice questions that involve predicting the product, etc.
A roadmap could help. DAT Destroyer has a roadmap for the reactions as well (don't know if you have that resource). Anki is also a great resource for memorizing the reactions