Bio Question from Top Score Test 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fit2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why C is incorrect. Maybe I don't understand what "removing NADH" in Krebs Cycle is but isn't NADH produced in Krebs cycle? (I haven't taken biochem so maybe I don't understand some concepts)

Thanks for the help!

Question.png

Members don't see this ad.

Wait but in the Krebs cycle isn't NAD+ converted to NADH? Cause you make NADH to take it to the ETC? Does that mean that the answer choice is wrong?

If you google this question you'll see people posting about this and asking the same thing as you for several years now.. 2007, 2010, 2011.. I remember getting this question wrong too because I think it's either worded incorrectly or is just an error on their part. You've got the right train of thought. I really like TopScore because it helped me prepare for the full length test but a few of their questions are pretty bogus.

Here is a thread from 2011 that talks about the same thing: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/topscore-bio-set-2-question-38.849613/

Members don't see this ad :)
oh i love Top score. PAT is okay there's better stuff but I feel like it's super helpful in sciences. Alright Ill check it out now thanks a lot

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I'm gonna consider that a mistake on their part. Even if they meant that NADH is made in the Krebs cycle and removed in the ETC, saying that NADH is removed "in" the Krebs cycle is wrong. Also honestly they're comparing Calvin vs Krebs which doesn't have anything to do with ETC. I'm just gonna pretend I got that question right to make myself feel better about my score but I'll keep an eye out for the real DAT just in case. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user