teefRcool

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2005
Status
what is the reason for mating rituals? (i was thinking supports polygamy not sure can anyone confirm)
-supports polygamy
-both parents taking care of young
-speciation

Taking a nucleus from tadpole and inserting into a 2 cell stage embryo- results in 2 different organisms what does this prove or why does this result?

Ants are going on a trail they release formic acid for what reason?

busdent

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Formic acid in ants is their venom that is used to kill prey and save themselves from predators.

DonExodus

Dentist in Virgin Islands
10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Dentist
Speciation- it prevents dissimilar animals from mating with them, so they will part, and form diff species. (Pre-mating barrier, cant prodice offspring, species definition, if this helps :p )

Formic acid helps the ants stay together / them get back to their origin? I know its used in communication as well.

About the Ads
J

jkh1886

teefRcool said:
what is the reason for mating rituals? (i was thinking supports polygamy not sure can anyone confirm)
-supports polygamy
-both parents taking care of young
-speciation

Cuz...1) why else would there be bars? 2) girls wouldn't wear their short shorts and tank tops 3) ...you come up with more......

OP
T

teefRcool

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2005
Status
DonExodus said:
Speciation- it prevents dissimilar animals from mating with them, so they will part, and form diff species. (Pre-mating barrier, cant prodice offspring, species definition, if this helps :p )

Formic acid helps the ants stay together / them get back to their origin? I know its used in communication as well.
by communication you mean pheromonal type communication?

About the Ads