Bio question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably easy to some of you.
A group of plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions is best known as a:thumbdown:
A. population
B. community
C. organism
D. ecosystem

Kaplan says it is B but i think it is wrong. I am sure it is an ecosystem. According to cliff: an ecosystem describes the interrelationships between the organisms in a community and their physical environment

Members don't see this ad.

This is probably easy to some of you.
A group of plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions is best known as a:thumbdown:
A. population
B. community
C. organism
D. ecosystem

Kaplan says it is B but i think it is wrong. I am sure it is an ecosystem. According to cliff: an ecosystem describes the interrelationships between the organisms in a community and their physical environment

Ecosystems are self contained regions that include living and nonliving factors. The question was describing a community, a group of interacting plants and animals that show interdependence.

howabout is right..they arent talking about all the abiotic factors, just biotic

Community. After reading your defintion over, I would have been confused to. I instantly thought of community b/c when I took the course, ecosystem questions always mentioned abiotic and biotic factors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think community because ecosytem would have to include the environment.

I that in this problem, it is important to read the first line only and disregard the rest.

When the problem goes on to say UNDER..., it's only attempting to describe it in more (un-necessary ) detail.

It's trying to fluster you!