Bio Questions From DAT TODAY...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rook

Hey All,

This thread is for those who took the DAT VERY recently, and remember specific questions from there BIO section and are willing to share it with all of us. So please post away....Thanks for all your help!
ROOK :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Rook said:
Hey All,

This thread is for those who took the DAT VERY recently, and remember specific questions from there BIO section and are willing to share it with all of us. So please post away....Thanks for all your help!

Isn't that kind of like cheating?

This is cheating, and not fair!
Go study Bio like everybody else.

Members don't see this ad :)
:rolleyes:
First of all, the DAT posts questions from an extremely expansive Database of biology questions ( :p ). Even if 3 thousand people posted bio questions from their DAT... chances are we'd be lucky to get one of them to be the same.
SO smity and utah dent RELAX !! This is just for some more practice :D . extra practice does not equal cheating!
All bio quesitons are Welcome :cool:

Rook said:
First of all, the DAT posts questions from an extremely expansive Database of biology questions ( :p ). Even if 3 thousand people posted bio questions from their DAT... chances are we'd be lucky to get one of them to be the same.
SO smity and utah dent RELAX !! This is just for some more practice :D . extra practice does not equal cheating!

What is the best mechanism for sexual reproduction?

A. Doggy
B. Missionary
C. Cowgirl
D. Any way you can get it

:cool:

Rook said:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=262722

Rook said:

Oh yeah practice...sure. Like getting 10 to 15 questions from people that have already taken the DAT is a real source for practice. I bet you haven't even looked at the chapter review questions in your Biology book. Which tells me that your not really interested in the "Practice" aspect your claiming. Why not? Because your full of crap. I don't really care I just asked if you thought it was a little be of cheating? If not then good luck with the 10 to 15 "practice" problems your looking for. I'm sure it will help you "Practice" a ton.

In addition to your bullcrap your saying, why would you ask for only people that have taken the DAT VERY reecently? Come on, don't be a jacka#@.

utahdent123 said:
Oh yeah practice...sure. Like getting 10 to 15 questions from people that have already taken the DAT is a real source for practice. I bet you haven't even looked at the chapter review questions in your Biology book. Which tells me that your not really interested in the "Practice" aspect your claiming. Why not? Because your full of crap. I don't really care I just asked if you thought it was a little be of cheating? If not then good luck with the 10 to 15 "practice" problems your looking for. I'm sure it will help you "Practice" a ton.

In addition to your bullcrap your saying, why would you ask for only people that have taken the DAT VERY reecently? Come on, don't be a jacka#@.
Hey now! I think that was rude and completely uncalled for dude. If hes like me, it just gives him an "Idea" of what to expect from people who have taken it recently, not really practice...

golfmontpoker said:
Hey now! I think that was rude and completely uncalled for dude. If hes like me, it just gives him an "Idea" of what to expect from people who have taken it recently, not really practice...

I'm just calling it like I see it. He is the one who claimed it was for practice, not me. Anyway it wasn't that rude.

Oh, FYI just so you have an "idea", there will be some biology questions on the DAT, if you didn't already know that.

utahdent123 said:

Well said. I agree, if you want to "practice" get a Kaplan book or something.

Dutchboy said:
Well said. I agree, if you want to "practice" get a Kaplan book or something.

very true. there are plenty of practice out there.

Kaplan blue book
Kaplan course
DATachiever
Topscore
You bio book
MCAT bio review
MCAT free standing bio questions
ANY other bio review books with questions

that should be plenty.

PLUS, there is a forum dedicated specifically to the DAT, called DAT DISCUSSIONS.

Getting idea on the topics covered on the recent DAT exams is perfectly fine, but looking for exact question from past DATs would be considered cheating - unless ADA released them to the public.

That said, review genetics (Hardy-W eq, blood groups, and basic allele segregations), also the 3 developmental layers (ecto, endo, and meso and what they develop into. Review ecology (the verious eco relationships like mutualism, saprophytism, commensalism, etc and know examples of each).

Good luck.

Rook said:
Hey All,

Rook buddy, you are wasting your time asking this question on here. The DAT has a vast question bank and the ONLY WAY to succeed on it is to know everything. Kaplan and Topscore.......if you want to do well.

Members don't see this ad :)
howui3 said:
PLUS, there is a forum dedicated specifically to the DAT, called DAT DISCUSSIONS.

:thumbup:

if you would look around in that section of the forum instead of this one like i said earlier, you'd find out that there have been a number threads that cover questions that are frequently seen on the DAT. :)

Hey UTAH....I'm sensing a little aggression here...It's OK to disagree...but don't come out here with your personal attacks, U need grow up...Anyways...if it is unethical, I am sorry. I did not think it was. As for those who were helpful...tinman... geckel and krdmd....Thank you!!!
If UTAH :rolleyes: is going to react like this over a post I can only imagine what kind of dentist he's going to be...sheesh....GD help his patients (and patience...haha I crack myself up :D )

Rook said:
Hey UTAH....I'm sensing a little aggression here...It's OK to disagree...but don't come out here with your personal attacks, U need grow up...Anyways...if it is unethical, I am sorry. I did not think it was. As for those who were helpful...tinman... geckel and krdmd....Thank you!!!
If UTAH :rolleyes: is going to react like this over a post I can only imagine what kind of dentist he's going to be...sheesh....GD help his patients (and patience...haha I crack myself up :D )

i feel left out. :)

Rook said:
:eek: OMG howui3 SO SORRY!!! You're high on the list!!!! Very helpful thank you...
ROOK

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Personal attacks? I only asked the question of whether this was a form of cheating? Your the one who got real defensive, trying to claim it was for the "Practice" and the I should "Relax". Honestly, like I said, I don't care whether you have all the questions before you take the DAT and you get a 30. Is it cheating or not? If you don't think it is then I hope you get some questions.

Just be honest...you want the questions that were on the most recent DAT because you are taking the DAT soon and just maybe the question they give you wil be on it. One lesss question you have to worry about being able to answer. If ROOK is going to react like this over a question of ethics...sheesh....GD help his patients (and patience...haha I crack myself up ) Yeah, that is pretty funny. You don't even know me, and to make a comment like that is ******ed. Good luck

utahdent123 said:
Personal attacks? I only asked the question of whether this was a form of cheating? Your the one who got real defensive, trying to claim it was for the "Practice" and the I should "Relax". Honestly, like I said, I don't care whether you have all the questions before you take the DAT and you get a 30. Is it cheating or not? If you don't think it is then I hope you get some questions.

Just be honest...you want the questions that were on the most recent DAT because you are taking the DAT soon and just maybe the question they give you wil be on it. One lesss question you have to worry about being able to answer. If ROOK is going to react like this over a question of ethics...sheesh....GD help his patients (and patience...haha I crack myself up ) Yeah, that is pretty funny. You don't even know me, and to make a comment like that is ******ed. Good luck

...they like to be called special people.

I think this is none of anybody's fault considering the very fact that the DAT Q's being consistently recycled/repeated at the testing centers. :(

as Tinman said... go to the DAT forum and run a quick search possibly by typing a string like 'DAT bio questions' or something similar in the search box.
Goodluck.

utahdent123 said:

I totally agree. If this isn't cheating or unethical, I don't know what it is. Go back to studying like the rest of us. Why should you get any advantage over people who have studied so hard for the DAT? This is a perfect example of people trying to cheat the system.

I think everyone is wayyyyyy over analyzing this...if Kaplan is getting you the questions...what difference does it make if he got hte quesitons from a Kaplan book or someone on here...if this is cheating then so is Kaplan...sorry guys...i took Kaplan 2...and ya whatever its dumb for him to come on here and ask people for question but cheating? hahahahaha im sure every one of you was thrilled and excited to see Kaplan or whatever practice questions you got...same thing....3 or 4 questions isn't gonna allow him to do well anyways so just ignore it or give him a few questions u saw on the test big freakin deal.....everyone just breath and relax! :smuggrin:

Study like everyone else. You're not entitled to be a dentist just because you want it....you have to earn it, rook.

michaelazna said:
I think everyone is wayyyyyy over analyzing this...if Kaplan is getting you the questions...what difference does it make if he got hte quesitons from a Kaplan book or someone on here...if this is cheating then so is Kaplan...sorry guys...i took Kaplan 2...and ya whatever its dumb for him to come on here and ask people for question but cheating? hahahahaha im sure every one of you was thrilled and excited to see Kaplan or whatever practice questions you got...same thing....3 or 4 questions isn't gonna allow him to do well anyways so just ignore it or give him a few questions u saw on the test big freakin deal.....everyone just breath and relax! :smuggrin:

strong difference between asking for current test questions still possibly in exam circulation and Kaplan questions that simulate DAT STYLE questions. Asking to know the questions on a current test is cheating, plain and simple.

rook said:
If UTAH :rolleyes: is going to react like this over a post I can only imagine what kind of dentist he's going to be...sheesh....GD help his patients (and patience...haha I crack myself up )

I don't like your tone of voice, and this statement makes me wonder if you are simply making a personal attack or taking a jab at mormons by putting "UTAH :rolleyes:" and "GD" in the same sentence. Hard to tell from where I'm sitting, but pretty sure that neither one is really very nice.

first of all it is unethical to "cheat" on any exam either to get in dental school or while in dental school, furthermore, obtaining test questions by any manner other than those published under supervision of the ADA is illegal, b/c those questions that are released are questions that have been used in the past are now retired

this is from the ADA website, and it spells it out plainly, if you want to read all of the rules and regulations you can see them at the link below

You will maintain the confidentiality of the examination. You will not reproduce or attempt to reproduce examination materials through memorization, recording or other means. You will not provide information relating to examination content that may provide unfair advantage to other examinees, including electronic posting of information regarding examination content or answers.

You will not remove materials in any form (written, printed, recorded, remembered or other) from the test center.

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/regulations.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.