Bio questions/need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BodybldgDoc

1.A population of rabbits is in Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium, with 9 percent of the population homozygous recessive for the albino trait. The percent of the population that is heterozygous for the albino trait is?
a. 3
b.21
c.18
d.27
e.36

2.Corals are in the same phylum as ?
a.sponges
b.giant squid
c.starfish
d.jellyfish
e.tapeworms

Members don't see this ad.

1.A population of rabbits is in Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium, with 9 percent of the population homozygous recessive for the albino trait. The percent of the population that is heterozygous for the albino trait is?
a. 3
b.21
c.18
d.27
e.36

2.Corals are in the same phylum as ?
a.sponges
b.giant squid
c.starfish
d.jellyfish
e.tapeworms

I love Bio Questions!!, :laugh:
Anyways:

1. The equations to remember are p+q=1 and p^2+q^2=1

well since you know the homozygous recessie (q^2) = .09
then q=.3 and p =.7
So, to figure out the heterozygous (2pq) = 2(.3)(.7) = .42 = 42%

Please correct me if I am wrong, not good with genetics!!

2. corals, anemones, hydra, jellyfish all belong to phylum cnidaria

sponges = profira
squids = molluska (cephalopods)
starfish = echinoderms
flatworms = phyhalmeniths

Correct. The first question is of course one of many typos/busted questions in the Barrons book which is why 42% is not an answer.

great. thanks sol. I got 42% too but stupid answer wasnt one of the choices :laugh: kinda confused the heck outta me.
The second question I had no idea. I need to read up on my taxonomy. Otherwise got everything else right.

Members don't see this ad :)
great. thanks sol. I got 42% too but stupid answer wasnt one of the choices :laugh: kinda confused the heck outta me.
The second question I had no idea. I need to read up on my taxonomy. Otherwise got everything else right.

Did you decided when you are going to take it yet!

gonna start doing practice tests from topscore and achiever in a week or two. Right now I'm working on kaplan subject tests. ahhhhhh the stress is killing me!!!:(

gonna start doing practice tests from topscore and achiever in a week or two. Right now I'm working on kaplan subject tests. ahhhhhh the stress is killing me!!!:(

Yea, wait till you have like 10-12 days left before you take it! I have gone completely nuts! Dont worry, you will probably ace the practice tests and the real thing! As for me, gotta get back to studying!