Bio section for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaznxcountx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have some questions about the Bio section.

So I started studying for the DAT the other day with the Kaplan book and it seems very general. For example when they mention steroids, they simply list testosterone and estrogen. What I want to know is for the people who did extremely well on Bio (I'm talking about 23+), how did you guys prepare for it? I want to use wikipedia for some of the topics but I'm not sure how much in detail I should learn it. I'm sure Bio AP books are great too but should I just read the whole book? So I need a good gameplan for Bio since I want to start studying it now and take the actual test in October or November. Any input would be great, thanks everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys I have some questions about the Bio section.

So I started studying for the DAT the other day with the Kaplan book and it seems very general. For example when they mention steroids, they simply list testosterone and estrogen. What I want to know is for the people who did extremely well on Bio (I'm talking about 23+), how did you guys prepare for it? I want to use wikipedia for some of the topics but I'm not sure how much in detail I should learn it. I'm sure Bio AP books are great too but should I just read the whole book? So I need a good gameplan for Bio since I want to start studying it now and take the actual test in October or November. Any input would be great, thanks everyone! :)

read schaums once..if not twice to really get the meat of it