Bio section- plants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penguin15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have already taken the DAT when it comes to studying the Bio section on plants is Kaplans BB enough or do you need the extra details that are is Cliffs AP Bio??

Members don't see this ad.

I think that would depend on your background and your knowledge of Bio.

I mean to say if you have recently taken bio classes and all the topics covered in Dat are still fresh then KBB is good enough. However, if you have taken Bio, long time ago, like in my case, then I would strongly recommend using Cliffs, till today I have just used KBB and am getting killed in all my practice tests - mainly because most of the questions - not covered in detailed in KBB look completely new to me.. I was actually scheduled to take the DAT on 15th of this month but considering my practice test scores i rescheduled it for 21st. I am definitely reading the Cliffs AP.

Bottom line is it all depends on who much u remember from you Bio classes in school and how you do on your practice tests.

I hope this helps.

From what I have read from a few other posts when I was wondering that question myself is that, for the most part, the material in KBB/AP Bio/Schaums on plants is sufficient. I think most people say the questions are pretty general like the difference between the types of cells in plants as far as nutrient transport goes and other general characteristics of different types of plants.