Biochem 2 or Genetics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all

i am currently in the middle of 2013 application cycle, and I have one last semester to go since I have to do my two behavior science prereqs. I can also add one more class to since I will only be taking two classes. I was looking into taking either Biochem II or Genetics. W

Which one do you guys think I should take? Or should I not bother? I am only interested in taking them because they are recommended at so many DO schools.

BTW, I am not applying to KCUDOM, so I don't have to take genetics.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

hey all

i am currently in the middle of 2013 application cycle, and I have one last semester to go since I have to do my two behavior science prereqs. I can also add one more class to since I will only be taking two classes. I was looking into taking either Biochem II or Genetics. W

Which one do you guys think I should take? Or should I not bother? I am only interested in taking them because they are recommended at so many DO schools.

BTW, I am not applying to KCUDOM, so I don't have to take genetics.

Thanks in advance.

I would take the 2 behavioral sciences, biochem, AND genetics. Why not?

IDK. I took Biochem I and Genetics. So far my Biochem knowledge is helping me out, and we haven't done any genetics yet. Neither class will adequately prepare you for stuff in medical school. You might find the beginning to be easier since it would be a review.. but one semester of biochem is gone in less than a month of medical school. This week I have 8 hours of biochemistry lecture.

Take what you want to take and find interesting. Only you can decide if that is biochem or genetics.

Members don't see this ad :)

Is that an option for you to take two classes? I took biochem II and cell bio while working full time. I think it would look good to have two simultaneous science classes.

Is that an option for you to take two classes? I took biochem II and cell bio while working full time. I think it would look good to have two simultaneous science classes.

i really would rather only take three since i have to work, do ec works, and interview this semester.... i think four will be kinda pushing it when i really do'nt need to

Genetics will be exceptionally helpful regardless of where you go to medical school. Lots genetics on the Step I.