Biochem credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SenoritaKorea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school did not offer a course labelled as, "Biochemistry." We took a course titled, "Macromolecules and Metabolism," (class code BIO462) but the courses are basically identical. Is this going to be an issue? It was a 4 hour credit course.

Members don't see this ad.

No. If they ask, let them know.

My school did not offer a course labelled as, "Biochemistry." We took a course titled, "Macromolecules and Metabolism," (class code BIO462) but the courses are basically identical. Is this going to be an issue? It was a 4 hour credit course.
I think it is. Biochemistry is an important class, heck many people major in biochemistry. So from my perspective if your school does not offer a basic biochemistry course, but offers a class that most people never heard of called "macromolecules and Metabolism" one would infer how peculiar it is if the university offers a class I have never heard of which might discuss biochemistry topics, but not have an established biochemistry course.
You can explain the situation, but just explaining it puts you at a slight disadvantage does it not?

Reactions: 1 user