biochem grade question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missy1986

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking biochem right now, and I just got like a C on the midterm. The next grade is the final. Would it look bad to pass/fail the course? I've never passed/failed anything, but I have a 3.5 cum and dont want to ruin it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hang in there if u can..when I took biochem I got a C in my first exam as well but studied my ass of for the final and quizes and ended up bringing it up to a B+. Is this Biochem I or II? We did an ACS final in addition to another final for Biochem II so you have plenty of opportunities to bring up your grade. Good luck!

Get a 95+ on your next test and you will be fine...study, you have to know that material for dental school and the boards anyways

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a B in biochem with one of the hardest teachers in history haha - im so proud of myself. Not an easy class, it was taught very graduate level so i am prepared for any biochemistry material in dschool

Yeah I was running a C+ or so up until the final back in undergrad. Then I got 20-25% above the average on that. Brought me up to a B+ :D.

I'm taking biochem right now, and I just got like a C on the midterm. The next grade is the final. Would it look bad to pass/fail the course? I've never passed/failed anything, but I have a 3.5 cum and dont want to ruin it.

The schools that require biochem as a prerequisite will not accept a P - They will either want a letter from your professor with a letter grade, or will ask you to retake the course for the letter grade. If you try doing a search, there's a thread with a running list of schools that require biochem from a few months back, I think.
Schools that don't require it really won't care if they see a P, as long as it's not something common on your transcript.

Start studying HARDCORE 20 days before your next test. Go to library, study 3-4 hours every night. Walk in and pwn the test.

Thats what I did for Biochem and I knew the material so well I was dreaming pathways and mechanisms in my sleep. Focus on LONG TERM studying, opposed to cramming and the test will be easy.