biochem grade question

Started by missy1986
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

missy1986

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking biochem right now, and I just got like a C on the midterm. The next grade is the final. Would it look bad to pass/fail the course? I've never passed/failed anything, but I have a 3.5 cum and dont want to ruin it.
 
Hang in there if u can..when I took biochem I got a C in my first exam as well but studied my ass of for the final and quizes and ended up bringing it up to a B+. Is this Biochem I or II? We did an ACS final in addition to another final for Biochem II so you have plenty of opportunities to bring up your grade. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a B in biochem with one of the hardest teachers in history haha - im so proud of myself. Not an easy class, it was taught very graduate level so i am prepared for any biochemistry material in dschool
 
I'm taking biochem right now, and I just got like a C on the midterm. The next grade is the final. Would it look bad to pass/fail the course? I've never passed/failed anything, but I have a 3.5 cum and dont want to ruin it.

The schools that require biochem as a prerequisite will not accept a P - They will either want a letter from your professor with a letter grade, or will ask you to retake the course for the letter grade. If you try doing a search, there's a thread with a running list of schools that require biochem from a few months back, I think.
Schools that don't require it really won't care if they see a P, as long as it's not something common on your transcript.
 
Start studying HARDCORE 20 days before your next test. Go to library, study 3-4 hours every night. Walk in and pwn the test.

Thats what I did for Biochem and I knew the material so well I was dreaming pathways and mechanisms in my sleep. Focus on LONG TERM studying, opposed to cramming and the test will be easy.