biochem grade replacement question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielbryanheel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to retake biochem in the Fall to replace the biochem course I took at a different university 5 years ago. Both courses are 3 semester credit hours.

Original take course description:

Introduction to Biochemistry. The student’s understanding of cellular structure and composition on the molecular level will be developed through a study of the physical and chemical properties of the biomolecules of cells.

Potential retake course description:

Biochemistry 1. This class examines major classes of biologically important molecules, including their chemical and physical properties, how simple precursors are used to make complex macromolecules, and the function of these macromolecules.

Based on this, will the grade I receive in the re-take replace the grade I received in the original take as per AACOMAS grade replacement policy?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you will most likely get the grade replacement. Just put it as a repeat. What do you have to lose? Worst case scenario they change it to a non repeat. My replacements were taken even when the course titles didnt even match.

I would be very careful. "Biochemistry 1" indicts that it is the first class of a series whereas the first time you took a survey course.

I faced a similar dilemma and chose a more expensive survey course at a farther school called "Principles of Biochemistry" to replace my old class plainly called "Biochemistry" rather than going with the easier "Biochemistry 1" offered through a closer school.

I wouldn't assume that AACOMAS will be ignorant/forgiving of the "1" in the course title.

Last edited:
you will most likely get the grade replacement. Just put it as a repeat. What do you have to lose? Worst case scenario they change it to a non repeat. My replacements were taken even when the course titles didnt even match.
I would be very careful. "Biochemistry 1" indicts that it is the first class of a series whereas the first time you took a survey course.

I faced a similar dilemma and chose a more expensive survey course at a farther school called "Principles of Biochemistry" to replace my old class plainly called "Biochemistry" rather than going with the easier "Biochemistry 1" offered through a closer school.

I wouldn't assume that AACOMAS will be ignorant/forgiving of the "1" in the course title.

Thanks for the replies.

How would I know for sure if it would be replaced or not? Should I still contact AACOMAS and see what they say even though I'm not applying this cycle?