Biochem in the Summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjg713

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of taking Biochem over the Summer. I already graduated and have teacher shopped the class at a state university that isn't known to be difficult. Is it doable to get a good grade in this class during the Summer or will it most likely be too intense?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been thinking of taking Biochem over the Summer. I already graduated and have teacher shopped the class at a state university that isn't known to be difficult. Is it doable to get a good grade in this class during the Summer or will it most likely be too intense?

Biochem in the summer is not a big deal. I did it and I got a high B. I was also taking two other courses.

Biochem at my school is pretty darn tough and it's taught at the graduate level. I took it over the summer with physics and got an A but I had to work really hard for it. Biochem concepts aren't difficult to understand, it's just a massive amount of material to memorize which is why it's particularly brutal over the summer. But definitely doable so I say go for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, maybe "not a big deal" is not the best word choice but "definitely doable" :thumbup:

What should be more of a priority for me to finish first Biochem or Physics 2?

What should be more of a priority for me to finish first Biochem or Physics 2?

I would try to take part 2 courses as close after part 1 courses as possible. Also Biochem is a course you take D1 so you might want to have that one in more recent memory. But they're both required, either way.