Biochem it up...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

modemduck

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys how's it goin?

I was just wondering what other people were using for biochem review.

I am just starting to realize i might be kinda screwed in this area because my school doesn't really cover clinical biochem in one defined course... a lot of the pertinent diseases are covered in other areas obviously ie: DM/Tay Sachs/etc) but it seems a lot is missing still.

Can I still rock the boards (240+) w/just HY biochem? What have been some other peoples experiences? Should I push the boards back 4 days and spend the extra time on lippincott/brs or something? Very confused and a little scared.... thx for the help in advance =)

Members don't see this ad.

2 words.......First Aid.

it is deceptively small, however crammed with a lot of info.........if you actually KNOW WELL what's in first aid.....well, that is high-yield stuff.

using a whole text for biochem seems to be a little overkill to me.

Boo, stay away from HY biochem.

Stick with FA, Lippincott's Biochemistry, and/or BRS Biochem

Members don't see this ad :)
is high yield biochem really that bad? I just picked up a copy for $5 because I was a tab bit intimidated by BRS. Should I not bother with it?

Stinger86 said:
Boo, stay away from HY biochem.

Stick with FA, Lippincott's Biochemistry, and/or BRS Biochem

I can assure you that if you have not already started Lippincott, that you really should take caution... it is a HUGE book and very detailed. After a little thinking I have decided to stick w/HY and First Aid for crucial stuff and do as much of BRS as humanly possible in 4 days of cramming. Thx and let me know what your guys plans are! =)

btw, I think HY is great

Lippincott's Biochem is thick, but do able in a week...only reading through it...

I like lippincott's pictures...they are great...photocopy the relevant ones,

For example, for me, I took the figures with diseases and post them on the wall...every time I go to bathroom, I look at them. :smuggrin:

hehhe...it helped.