Biochem Lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Numba1Plumma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the medical schools that require biochemistry such as Mayo and Cleveland Clinic, do they require that you also take the lab associated with the biochemistry course?
Also, I'm sure the medical schools have access to all of your individual grades, but is it safe to say that they simply view the gpas calculated by AMCAS when determining interviews. It would not make sense to me (in respect to time) for ADCOMs to actually go through certain individual classes. In other words, someone with a B and B in two semesters of organic will not be looked any differently from someone with an A and C in two semesters in the pre-interview process. All inputs are appreciated. Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

In regards to your first question, it seems that most only want the lecture aspect of the class.

Second question, I have no idea..

For the medical schools that require biochemistry such as Mayo and Cleveland Clinic, do they require that you also take the lab associated with the biochemistry course?
None that I'm aware of require biochem lab. Check the individual schools' websites to be sure.