1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

biochem material

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by yahoogoogle, May 11, 2007.

1. yahoogoogle

yahoogoogle Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    people report that there've been increasing coverage of biochem on DAT. just wonder the scope of the section. anything that ranges from edman degradation to krebs cycle is considered biochem.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HOTTY

Pre-Dental
    The most I saw was acid/base questions with proline. Of course you won't need to recognize any phophatidyl groups or even any of the sphingolipid groups.

I also didn't see any Edman or any of the structures in the TCA cycle.

Everything is extremely general, like A.A. sub-groupings, basic genetics, and net energetics of metabolism. I doubt you will be asked what happens to the electrons at the heme group in site #4 of the ETC. :hardy:

4. Mstoothlady2012

Dental Student
    I have a question about DAT as well...for the biology part does it have a lot of plant biology or human? like does it have all those crazy names of kingdoms, photosynthesis & all those plants related stuff?