biochem over the summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reallylostnow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i was just wondering if its a good idea to take biochem 1 over the summer. i dont really want to take p. chem and biochem the same semester next fall. is it bad to take summer science courses? im gonna be taking biochem lab next fall and then biochem 2 next spring.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely take it over the summer! I just finished taking it for the spring!! GOOD LUCK :)

do you know if itd look bad to take it during the summer? wouldnt it seem like a cop out because you didnt take it with other courses?
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't want to take pchem and biochem together either, but I had a friend do it this spring and he made an A in biochem and a B (highest grade in class) in pchem, so it is possible to do it. I would say it depends how many weeks the biochem class is this summer, is it 5, 8, or 10 wks? It's offered in 5 wks at my school and from I understand it's not easy, but if that is all you are taking, then go for it!

alot of people take in in summer and even study for dat at the same time

hey guys,
i was just wondering if its a good idea to take biochem 1 over the summer. i dont really want to take p. chem and biochem the same semester next fall. is it bad to take summer science courses? im gonna be taking biochem lab next fall and then biochem 2 next spring.
thanks

thanks guys
i guess ill take biochem over the summer to avoid the biochem/pchem combo the fall semester
hope it doesnt look bad...

took in the summer...got into 3 schools...good luck!

because biochem and pchem are supposed to be disgusting together...lol...that's why people don't like doing both at the same time, they're upper level classes that are pretty demanding

Taking biochem over the summer won't look bad at all. The only thing that will look bad is if you get a bad grade in it, which is more likely to occur if you take it in the same semester with another challenging class. ;)