Biochem requirement -

Started by RICEman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I think it should. I mean, it is Biochem, right? And schools don't require Biochem to have a lab. But, if in doubt, see if you can take MCB102 or MCB100 since those are the usual Biochem classes taken there.

I actually live in a different state. I still have to take OChem 2. There is only one 4-year school where I live and they require completion of OChem 2 before anyone can enroll in biochem. That's the reason why I pick the UCBerkely Intro to Biochem because it is ONLINE plus they only require completion of OChem 1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bump.

Anyone else have any insight? The website says that the course number is x105, would dental schools look down on this b/c it isn't a 300-level?
 
MCB 102 at UCB is 3 semester unit and seems like that class is exactly the same as MCB 102. So I think it's okay.
 
I'm thinking it would be much wiser to call or email the dental schools you applied to than ask a bunch of pre-dents. Admissions people will be able to tell you definitively whether or not it's allowed.