• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

bellai

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Can anyone recommend study guides or websites for Biochem they've used in the past? I'm struggling with peptide sequencing and our textbook is awful. Any help, ideas, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Emio

Fudge Bane
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2007
Columbus
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
ok, why not the prof? he may be as awful as the text, or maybe he at least has some clue what he's talking about and on top of that, knows exactly what he expects you to know! i often get myself very confused referring to outside sources... wait, do we need to know that? what the hell is that? that's not what i thought that meant....

or maybe that was my roundabout way of saying "i'm completely useless to you; i don't know any web resources." lol, sorry!

About the Ads

soxbox

CSU PVM Class of '11
10+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2007
Colorado
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I just took biochem this fall and really thought our text and professor were horrible... in my quest to find some help online, I stumbled upon the course website for biochem at purdue and found it to be extremely helpful (though a little basic, but that was great for me...) It has every lecture posted as well as supplemental links as well as their quizzes and exams (with answers) I basically taught myself through their course and then took the exams at my school about a thousand miles away and managed an A- :) The only thing bad thing was that site didnt get into nitrogen fixation and cell signaling, which were the last few topics that we covered in my class...

maybe you will find it as helpful as I did :)

http://www.chem.purdue.edu/courses/chm333/

Good luck!!

bellai

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
ok, why not the prof? he may be as awful as the text, or maybe he at least has some clue what he's talking about and on top of that, knows exactly what he expects you to know! i often get myself very confused referring to outside sources... wait, do we need to know that? what the hell is that? that's not what i thought that meant....

or maybe that was my roundabout way of saying "i'm completely useless to you; i don't know any web resources." lol, sorry!
Hiya,

It's a distance learning course so the Prof and I are separated by a 6 hour drive.

birdvet2006

Glasgow c/o 2006
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2005
Portsmouth, NH
www.all-animals.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
Can anyone recommend study guides or websites for Biochem they've used in the past? I'm struggling with peptide sequencing and our textbook is awful. Any help, ideas, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I highly recommend "Instant Notes in Biochemistry" (Instant Notes series) - it's a book and I used it as my sole biochemistry book, supplementing my lecture notes. I heard our recommended text was awful. (I'm talking about vet school biochem, not undergrad...can't remember the undergrad book).

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.