Biochem Text?

Started by 7331poas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

7331poas

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have a favorite biochem textbook? I like reading chemistry and this is going to sound a little insane but I loved organic and I read the textbook front to back (Klein's book).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good biochem textbook? Currently I think I am going to buy this one.

Amazon product ASIN 0138004641
(apologies if this is in the wrong forum)
 
A gunners born everyday I suppose.

I had lehninger as a text for biochem and I thought it was good.

Edit: this text is also readily available by less moral means online
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have a favorite biochem textbook? I like reading chemistry and this is going to sound a little insane but I loved organic and I read the textbook front to back (Klein's book).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good biochem textbook? Currently I think I am going to buy this one.

Amazon product ASIN 0138004641
(apologies if this is in the wrong forum)

Biochem..at least for medical school is far from your regular chem. if you're diene to read something that talks about Sn1 Sn2 or E1 reactions in the body then stick with lenhinger

Medical biochemistry by panini is way more focused on the clinical portions of biochem.
 
Biochem..at least for medical school is far from your regular chem. if you're diene to read something that talks about Sn1 Sn2 or E1 reactions in the body then stick with lenhinger

Medical biochemistry by panini is way more focused on the clinical portions of biochem.

Is that a deliberate orgo pun or a typo? lol
 
Really appreciated guys. I did not know that textbook existed. I will definitely be using that book instead.
 
Hated Voet for biochem. I don't think anyone in my class had good things to say about it lol