Biochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teefRcool

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools want three semester units of biochem. But since my school is quarter 1 lecture and 1 lab of biochem is 2.66 semester units (Lecture in quarter is 3 units and lab is 1 quarter units). Is it ok if i just take those plus either a lecture or lab. How does that work?

Any suggestions
tnx

Members don't see this ad.

i was on quarters too during undergrad - nobody has asked me about it so far (even the schools that for sure require biochem)

AADSAS has a formula where you convert your quarter grades to semester grades and vice versa. Do a google search for "semester to quarter units conversion" ... lots of free tools out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
clp said:
i was on quarters too during undergrad - nobody has asked me about it so far (even the schools that for sure require biochem)

So how many quarters of biochem did u take with lab?

OffAngleHatchet said:
AADSAS has a formula where you convert your quarter grades to semester grades and vice versa. Do a google search for "semester to quarter units conversion" ... lots of free tools out there.

I wasn't asking about grade conversion i was askign how many biochem classes to take and which ones count? reread what i wrote

I took it through Berkeley Ext. You'll get 3 semester hours. Cost is $750. You have 6 months to finish.

teefRcool said:
I wasn't asking about grade conversion i was askign how many biochem classes to take and which ones count? reread what i wrote

I think it goes directly to what you wrote. If you need 3 semester hours, that means you have to take 3 semester hours. Whatever combination of classes gets you to at least 3 will work.
-C

SuperC said:
I think it goes directly to what you wrote. If you need 3 semester hours, that means you have to take 3 semester hours. Whatever combination of classes gets you to at least 3 will work.
-C

i would think you should call the schools individually and see if 1 quarter of lecture + lab is okay.

be prepared to take a 2nd quarter of it, though.

but hey, don't fret if you do! biochem is incredibly interesting (i'm taking 2 semesters of it + labs!) PLUS it will make dental school just a little easier on you (i presume.)