Biochemistry course options?

Started by Maestrojo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maestrojo

re-pre-Pharm.....
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't get into the genreal bochemistry course on my campus (it filled up too fast) but I got a spot in the introductory biochem lecture/lab.

Is that enough, or should I drop it and wait until I can get into the general biochem class. I know just about every Pharmacy school on the west coast requires it except for a selected few....
 
Maestrojo said:
I couldn't get into the genreal bochemistry course on my campus (it filled up too fast) but I got a spot in the introductory biochem lecture/lab.

Is that enough, or should I drop it and wait until I can get into the general biochem class. I know just about every Pharmacy school on the west coast requires it except for a selected few....

Check "course equivalence" on each school website or email them. That's what I did. Hope it helps!
 
At my school intro to biochem is what the pharm kids took while general biochemistry is strictly just biochem majors. so intro might pass - but def check just in case.