Biochemistry failing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unitedspirit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i hate this class

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Biochem is a pre-req for most schools so failing in them is not good. Can you retake it next semester???

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok what happens if I fail biochemistry like get a C- or D? Will schools really rescind me? Its such a poorly taught class in my school and I missed so much school due to the interviews and flying to/from them.
P/nc it and retake next semester. A low grade like that is risky, better to play it safe.

Unfortunately its only offered once a year in many schools
If thats the case, you have a few other options.

Talk to the professor, explain what happened, maybe he'll help.

P/nc and take biochem 2 next semester, get permission if needed say its urgent.

P/nc and take it at another school or online.

Stick with it and bust out 100s on the rest of the tests and hope thats enough for a B or B-.

Reactions: 1 user
You are only halfway through the semester, just hit the books hard for the remainder. If you can pull 90% or better for the rest of the semester and you're currently sitting on a C, then you should be able to finish with at least a B.

Do what you can to try to fix whatever you can for the rest of the semester. If you think it's beyond help, take a W. Keep in mind that when you apply to dental school, you only need to have 2/3 of the classes completed-- should you have to retake it in the summer. Some schools also have sister schools that offer classes during the off semester, so you may also want to look into that. Best of luck; remember, for the most part, everyone is at the same level intellectually-- it's all a function of how hard you work. Also keep in the mind that you should should be working SMART, not just necessarily HARD. Good luck.

If you school is anything like mine was, biochem was just ridiculous. In my class, the average test scores hovered around 55%. Despite "failing" all of the tests (and doing my homework and attending all lectures and recitations), I ended up with a C+ in the class. Not great, especially since it's a pre-req for a lot of dental schools, but not a FAIL either.