Biochemistry on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molarseeker

Hopeful Future Int. Rad
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How in depth do we need to know the glycolysis, TCA, and Krebs Cycle? It shows all the details in the KBB book but doesn't say what to focus on. I know for the MCAT they say just get the overall totals of ATP, FADH, etc down, but I am not sure if it is different for the DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently there are more and more questions on biochemistry that come up in bio section.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Know all the numbers (like how many are produced in what cycle). The cellular respiration and photosynthesis are heavily tested so know your stuff well

know every thing about it...I got a question that asked for Kerb cycle enzymes ...the only part of question i recall is which enzyme converts Succinyl-CoA to Succinate? also I cannot recall them now but had two questions related to light and dark reactions of photosynthesis......i think one of them were O2 produced during photosynthesis comes for light or dark reaction..or something like that.

know every thing about it...I got a question that asked for Kerb cycle enzymes ...the only part of question i recall is which enzyme converts Succinyl-CoA to Succinate? also I cannot recall them now but had two questions related to light and dark reactions of photosynthesis......i think one of them were O2 produced during photosynthesis comes for light or dark reaction..or something like that.

You seriously had a question THAT specific? They wanted you to know what Succinyl CoA Synthetase does?? Wow.

Oh goodness. I did not expect their bio questions to be that in-depth. Not that Succinyl-CoA Synthetase is really obscure...Just wish they tested more on general concepts--instead of asking random Destroyer-like questions.

well all question were not bad just few of them ....make you think why the H... they are so specific?...i also got questions like
1. Which one doesnot contain nucleus (Erythrocytes)
2. Following the first moving object after hatching specify what behavior (imprinting)
3. Prokaryotes contain what organells? (ribosomes)

and some like I mention above also pay attention to Genetics in Destroyer i found my questions very similar to them....like the one 1/5 of population have homozygous recessive gene...what is the probility of child to be homozygous recessive....something ....look up in destroyer...similar question is there with different %.

and don't be scared if you know every thing from Cliff AP bio book you will be fine...trust me

Oh, well, those problems aren't bad at all! Your specific Kreb's enzyme question was an outlier question then. Bound to be some extremely hard questions, but glad there are easy ones as well. Guess I will see! Test is tomorrow!

Thank you! My test is at 1:30, so at least if my mind is in turmoil tonight, I have time to sleep in. Haha