Biochemistry req- which schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paca444

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll appologize in advance for not looking harder, but I'm getting married today so I'm a little short on time.

I was looking to see if anyone was in my position and has made a list of all of the schools that require biochem so that I can be sure not to apply to them at $150 a piece. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you check the websites of the schools? Tufts requires Biochem.

I'll appologize in advance for not looking harder, but I'm getting married today so I'm a little short on time.

I was looking to see if anyone was in my position and has made a list of all of the schools that require biochem so that I can be sure not to apply to them at $150 a piece. Thanks

Virginia Commonwealth
Midwestern (Arizona)
ASDOH (Arizona)
UNLV

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to those of you that responded. As far as checking the websites, yes of course I thought of that. This issue is that that would take atleast 2+ hours to search through 50+ websites to find their course reqs and read them. I know because I did it last year, I just didn't have time to do it again this year in the next day or two before I leave for a month.

Just take the course and broaden your horizens!

x

Last edited:
Bottom line: Its better to take it.

Might as well. The list just keeps getting longer. :laugh:

After looking at all the pre-reqs for the 17 schools that I am applying too, almost every school requires it. So here I am taking it this summer studying for my midterm tomorrow:scared: Oy vey.

I agree. It's better just to take Biochem. After applying for the 2008 cycle, I found that most of the schools I applied to (20 total) required Biochemistry. Therefore, I took Biochemistry and last semester of organic chemistry this past semester. Plus, it is a course taught in dental school again. It can only help to have seen all the biochem info. once.