Biochemistry Requirement Question!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bipster10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am having a little dilemma here.

Many of the schools I am applying to have biochemistry as a requirement. Luckily I am taking Biochem 1 and 2 this coming year (Senior Year) . Can I still apply this summer to these schools?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, you will just have to submit your transcripts.

Hey guys, I am having a little dilemma here.

Many of the schools I am applying to have biochemistry as a requirement. Luckily I am taking Biochem 1 and 2 this coming year (Senior Year) . Can I still apply this summer to these schools?

Thanks guys!

Most schools require prereqs to be completed by the spring semester before you would matriculate into dental school. Sounds like your safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools require prereqs to be completed by the spring semester before you would matriculate into dental school. Sounds like your safe.

Does anyone know whether most require with lab? From what I've seen, most of the schools just want biochem period.

Lab or no lab- it doesn't matter.

Can anyone confirm? Or are there any exceptions?

My school doesn't have biochem lab -_-

are we suppose to list future classes that we will be taking this comming fall
on course work? or should we update it after fall?? I'm little bit confused..
can anyone help me out??

Yes list expected courses for the fall in Coursework. Do not put in spring expected classes, however.

Does anyone know whether most require with lab? From what I've seen, most of the schools just want biochem period.

Lab or no lab- it doesn't matter.

Can anyone confirm? Or are there any exceptions?

My school doesn't have biochem lab -_-

Most schools require a certain amount of credit hours of biochem. I needed 4 credits worth and my biochem class was only 3 credits, so I had to take the 1 credit lab as well.