1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Biochemistry Requirements

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by hifidk, May 16, 2007.

1. hifidk

hifidk New Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I attended UC Berkeley and I'm pretty sure that you can take Chem 1A, Chem 3A, Chem 3B, and MCB 102 (Biochem course) for Inorganic and Organic chem requirement.
    My question is.... Does anyone know if I have to take one other Biochemistry to satisfy Biochemistry requirement that some schools have?
    I am wondering if taking those four courses is enough to satisfy both Inorganic/Organic chemistry and biochemistry requirements simultaneously.
    My major is econ and I didn't take anyother biochem class other than the one i listed above (MCB 102) and I wondered if I have to take one more biochem course to satisfy biochem requirment.
    Thanks in advance guys.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. keibee82

keibee82 Blue_tooth...
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Contact the schools you're applying. Some don't even require biochem.

4. Fuji

2+ Year Member

My understanding is that the classes need to be separate. If that MCB class is biochem, then you may need to take another gen chem or o-chem class.

But contact the schools anyway because theirs is the only opinion that matters.

5. dwyntta

dwyntta New Member

http://career.berkeley.edu/Health/DentApp.stm

According to the career center, the sequence you took should fulfill both requirements, at least for UCSF. I'm sure that most schools are familiar with Cal's Chem/Biochem sequence but it doesn't hurt to check.

Good luck.

6. hifidk

hifidk New Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks for the input guys.