Biochemistry Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hifidk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended UC Berkeley and I'm pretty sure that you can take Chem 1A, Chem 3A, Chem 3B, and MCB 102 (Biochem course) for Inorganic and Organic chem requirement.
My question is.... Does anyone know if I have to take one other Biochemistry to satisfy Biochemistry requirement that some schools have?
I am wondering if taking those four courses is enough to satisfy both Inorganic/Organic chemistry and biochemistry requirements simultaneously.
My major is econ and I didn't take anyother biochem class other than the one i listed above (MCB 102) and I wondered if I have to take one more biochem course to satisfy biochem requirment.
Thanks in advance guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Contact the schools you're applying. Some don't even require biochem.

My understanding is that the classes need to be separate. If that MCB class is biochem, then you may need to take another gen chem or o-chem class.

But contact the schools anyway because theirs is the only opinion that matters.

Members don't see this ad :)
http://career.berkeley.edu/Health/DentApp.stm

According to the career center, the sequence you took should fulfill both requirements, at least for UCSF. I'm sure that most schools are familiar with Cal's Chem/Biochem sequence but it doesn't hurt to check.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input guys.