Biochemistry self-taught book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was curiosuy if anyone out there knew of any biochemistry self/help type books. I have used one for general chemistry, and it was useful. I want to brush up on it before I take it in the spring semester. Any info would be a great help.

Jarrad

Members don't see this ad.

I am aware this is kind of obvious, but I'm going back to school for biochem in the spring as well ... I plan to buy the text ahead of time and just cruise through that before class starts.

On a side note, I guess I'll still see you at Temple on the 21st, eh?

why would it be obvious thta you are taking biochem this spring? Anyways, I was told that it would be "beneficail" for me to take it this spring, but, the problem is, I work full time, and can not find it taught anywhere at night. I found a teacher that will allow me to do it as an independent study, but, I think it will be evenm harder that way. I hope to get accepted to Temple before I even take this class, then, I will take it, but audit the class. Anways, do u have aim?

Members don't see this ad :)
premedman said:
why would it be obvious thta you are taking biochem this spring? Anyways, I was told that it would be "beneficail" for me to take it this spring, but, the problem is, I work full time, and can not find it taught anywhere at night. I found a teacher that will allow me to do it as an independent study, but, I think it will be evenm harder that way. I hope to get accepted to Temple before I even take this class, then, I will take it, but audit the class. Anways, do u have aim?

You may want to research Berkeley.edu. They have an online extension program that includes a Biochem class.

I meant my reply about using the book that the spring course would use would be *obvious*, my mistake. I guess you are going a whole different route, though. I also work full time, but found a night class. However, I'm not sure how I'm going to attend the lab. bah.

thanks, i will have to check thaT OUT