Biochemistry Shelf prep tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravupadh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.. I know this has been probably asked more than a hundred times but I was wondering what is the most efficient way to prepare for the current Biochemistry shelf? I'm taking the exam in mid-October and I only have three full days to prepare for the exam after my Mol Bio final (four days if you count the day I take the final). I've heard that BRS, PreTest, Kaplan, and First Aid are good choices. However, I haven't really found a good "end-all-be-all" book to help tackle the exam, and the reviews on Amazon say that BRS has a lot of errors. Three days isn't enough to go through each book so I'm wondering which book will provide a quick and thorough review as well as ample amounts of practice questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Goljan Rapid Review Series?

I have it... it has very few pictures and very much text :p

Hmm thanks. Can I finish it in 4 days though?

Members don't see this ad :)
How are the review questions? Are there ample amounts to review everything?

If you're looking for QUESTIONS... I don't know. Goljan was more like read read read.

Hmm my classmates say BRS for Review and Pre-Test for the questions.. Does that sound like a good plan?

Are there any practice Biochem shelf exams that I can do before the real one? Or do they only provide them to med schools?