biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tekp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I get in a school like UAMS without Biochemistry? I have all other pre requisites, obviously I have not completed a degree, but my grades are mainly A's and a few B's. I will take the PCAT sometime next year (I have not picked a date yet). Like I said my main concern is Biochem which I don't have.
Thanks for replying. The more feedback I get the better. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can I get in a school like UAMS without Biochemistry? I have all other pre requisites, obviously I have not completed a degree, but my grades are mainly A's and a few B's. I will take the PCAT sometime next year (I have not picked a date yet). Like I said my main concern is Biochem which I don't have.
Thanks for replying. The more feedback I get the better. Thanks again.

I just checked the pre-reqs list. Looks like you don't need biochem if you have taken at least 3 of the following: Genetics, Cell Biology, Statistics, Human Anatomy/Physiology, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics II and lab.

So don't worry if you don't have biochem! Although, for the PCAT, they focus on biochem in the chemistry section somewhat so you should at least study for it on your own or take the class if your school offers it. But I did well on the chem section without taking a biochem class.

Reactions: 1 user