Step I biochemistry

Started by drartale
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drartale

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What biochemistry book/s are you using for reviewing Step 1?
 
I skimmed lippencott (they have figures that highlight genetic/metabolic disorders and biochemical pathways summaries that I found easier than reading the book cover to cover). I also read the pathophysiology underground clinical vignette series which highlighted the most common metabolic genetic disorders, and did q-bank and first aid for hy. Didn't waste my time memorizing krebs/glycolysis/etc, but did try to remember key enzymes and their regulators from aforementioned pathways, and disorders that are linked to them.
 
would you recommend using the brs book? I was planning on using it, because I used it duing the course. It seems like everyong recommends lippincott, though.
 
i personally liked the format of lippencott. it was a long read (mind you i just skimmed), but the figures were extremely helpful. i've never seen the brs series book, but i think it is a personal thing and you should use what you feel comfortable with!😉