biogen/elan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neglect

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the recent cases of PML? I bet it'll be back on the market within a year. One year ago they wouldn't have stopped production based on two cases.

Members don't see this ad.

neglect said:
Any thoughts on the recent cases of PML? I bet it'll be back on the market within a year. One year ago they wouldn't have stopped production based on two cases.

Damage may have already been done to both Biogen & Elan. Even if further testing is done to ensure safety, there are already projections as to how fewer physicians will be willing to prescribe the med given the negative publicity.

Finally M3 said:
Damage may have already been done to both Biogen & Elan. Even if further testing is done to ensure safety, there are already projections as to how fewer physicians will be willing to prescribe the med given the negative publicity.

Really? I'm suprised. The data seems to indicate it's worth the risk. If I had MS I'd take it, just not with dual therapy. If any PML, go off, I'm sure the immne system could clean house.