Biological Diversity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RYost234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would memorizing the taxonomy cheat sheet be sufficient enough to have a basic understanding of this chapter if a question were to show up on the DAT?

I've been reading that most people get ~2-3 questions on the chapter, and I would rather spend my time on higher yield areas.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yup that cheat sheet is great. Make sure to read the Cliffs Bio Chapter and look at Feralis's notes. Make sure you have a good understanding of all sections though, cause on my DAT, it felt like I had 2 or 3 questions from each chapter of Cliffs. So I can't really say from personal experience that one section was higher yield than another. But if you study hard and do a lot of practice problems you'll do great. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I feel like the cheat sheet is all you need (and maybe a quick glance at the other kingdoms using the bootcamp notes). Remember some examples of each phylum so if you blank out during the actual exam, you can make an educated guess based on some physical characteristics. Also, if you see the order of the phylum as a progression to least complex to more and more complex, you can begin to categorize them according to their characteristics which makes memorization easier. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, the sheet was more than enough. I would recommend making sure you know it very well, read cliff's, and practice with bootcamp.