Biology, Chemistry or neuroscience major in college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lavender Haze

Reaction score
Hello guys
I need some guidance for choosing my major. I have already taken gen bio, gen chem, organic chem and it is almost the time for taking upper level classes and the time I have to choose my major. I waited to take all these classes to decide what I want but I am still confused. I liked bio 1 but not a fan of bio 2 . Gen chem was not bad but not my favorite either. But I loved Organic chemistry 1 and 2 . I know that I would like the bio for human but I don’t like bio for animals and plants. Also I don’t like psychology if that may be related to neuroscience. Also I am thinking of their job opportunities in the future to get a job while being in med school. So mostly I was thinking of getting a bachelor in one of them with a minor of the other one.
I know this is a wired question but can you please share your recommendations with me ?

Members don't see this ad.

Also I am thinking of their job opportunities in the future to get a job while being in med school.
Haha. I don't know what you think medical school is going to be like, but it is not compatible with gainful employment. You certainly won't be able to hold down a normal job.

The small minority of students that manage to work do stuff like doordash or drive for uber, which has nothing to do with what undergrad degree you obtained.

Regarding your question, if you liked bio 1 and organic, I think you'd be best served just doing a bio major and choosing the more human/physiology oriented electives. Every degree plan will still have some courses you will find uninteresting, but that's just an unavoidable fact of life.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty certain most schools have contracts you sign that say you are not allowed to work during school.

Your major doesn't matter, but if you liked chem and are good at it you should do biochemistry. Those botany classes sound like a snore.

Reactions: 1 user