Biology on dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmukid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this might be a vague question, but for people who have taken the test what do you think are the most important topics to know for biology section of the dat. Ive been studying for the biology section for like 3 months now but there just seem to be so many random questions on test materials like destroyer and achiever.

Members don't see this ad.

anything the ADA lists as topics for the DAT haha kaplan's a good overview of topics though. you're going to have to structure your studying towards your weaker bio topics, it's nearly impossible to cover everything you "need" to know :p

Biology questions are all over the place. For my test, I got a good chunk of genetics and development, but reading other people's posts, the bio section is really random.

This is what I did, but you'll have to decide if it's good for you or not. I read through the Kaplan book and kept note of which sections I was weak in. Then I concentrated on those sections by reading the related chapters in my bio textbook I use for school. I took the practice test in Kaplan book and did 100 questions in destroyer. Go over the problems that I missed. Look at what sections I was still weak in and studied more.

I ended up studying embryo development, reproduction, and physiology the most.

Good luck!

Another suggestion on top of what was already stated:
1. After you find out your weak areas, go to:

a. Barnes and Noble and pick up the Bio study aids and do individual Chapter quizes on the subjects you're weak on
b. go http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/classware/selfstudy.do?isbn=0072464631

pick a chapter with the specific bio subject and have fun with the quizes :) that is more than enough practice for bio

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys need some help, is it imp to read or memorize the solutions of DAT BIO destroyer? I think i remember someone saying the pull questions from the solutions?
Of just doing the questions is enough?
Please help !

Hey guys need some help, is it imp to read or memorize the solutions of DAT BIO destroyer? I think i remember someone saying the pull questions from the solutions?
Of just doing the questions is enough?
Please help !

depends on what you are shooting for