Biology Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted503049

Hi, my name is Charity, and I'm currently working on my prerequisites while getting my undergrad degree. I'm in Biology 1 right now, and I'm doing really well. I currently have an A. I'm just wondering if I should take biology 2, or if I should just go on to microbiology. Are there enough PT programs that require the class biology 2 that it would be stupid not to take it?

Members don't see this ad.

you will definitely need biology II for most if not all programs. you won't need microbiology specifically but some programs will require you take an upper level biology, but since you are bio major it wont matter since you will be taking upper level bio classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I've seen that list before! Very useful :) It looks like about a third of the programs require biology 2, so I think it'd be smarter to take it!

you will definitely need biology II for most if not all programs. you won't need microbiology specifically but some programs will require you take an upper level biology, but since you are bio major it wont matter since you will be taking upper level bio classes.

Thanks. :) I'm actually a psych major, but I love biology, so I shouldn't have a problem with the classes.

All of the schools that I looked into accept microbiology as the "biology 2" prerequisite, so I took microbiology and had no problem.

But then charity would have to contact individual programs and ask if they are willing to accept microbiology as Biology II....and that's just stress

Yep, I've seen that list before! Very useful :) It looks like about a third of the programs require biology 2, so I think it'd be smarter to take it!

...then why'd you ask?

...then why'd you ask?
I just wanted some other people's opinions on whether or not they thought it would be smart to take Biology 2, or if it was better to just go on to microbiology or some other upper division bio class.

All of the schools that I looked into accept microbiology as the "biology 2" prerequisite, so I took microbiology and had no problem.
Would you mind PMing me the schools that you looked into that accepted micro in place of biology 2? If it's not too much trouble!